Artist and model Miranda Hedman shows us how to make a simple version of the more intricate braid seen here.
Dragon Queen Braid
- Brush through hair.
- Grab three thin strands of hair on one side and begin making a simple three-strand braid like a crown around your head.
- Secure with a hair tie and repeat on other side.
- Connect the two braids in the back with a hair tie.
- The bottom braids will be thicker and a bit more tricky to make. Grab three thicker strands of hair from above the ear.
- Begin braiding using the Dutch braid method by taking the strands under and over each other unlike the normal three-strand braid, which goes over and under.
- Each time one strand goes under the second one and third, grab a new strand of hair and add it to the first one, just like a Dutch braid.
- Continue braiding toward the back of the head by adding more hair to the braid, leaving no hair out.
- Secure finished braid with a hair tie.
- Repeat braid on the other side and secure. When both braids are secured, grab them with one hand, and tie them together like a ponytail.
- The finished look! Now prepare to dazzle!
For a more advanced style, you can also braid the upper and lower braids together.
Miranda loves fantasy, dragons, art, photography and film. Photographer Magda Lindblom also assisted with this photo shoot.